VEHICLE REGISTRATION AND LICENSING
REGISTRATION BY VEHICLE OWNER
The following documents should be submitted by the vehicle owner:
- Custom’s documents
- Two recent coloured passport size pictures of the owner
- Positive personal Identification Card (Driving Licence, Voter’s ID, Passport, National ID and NHIS ID).
REGISTRATION BY AN AUTHORIZED AGENT
An authorised agent registering on behalf of the owner should, in addition to the documents listed under registration by the vehicle owner present the following:
- Power of Attorney from the owner (Authority note)
- Positive ID card of the authorised agent
- Two passport size picture of the authorised agent.
- Present vehicle for examination at vehicle inspection centre
- Present vehicle together with Customs document to the Customs Officer for authentication
- Present all documents to DVLA officials for inspection and processing.
- Payment of the prescribed fees based on the cubic capacity/ tonnage of the vehicle.
- Acquire Form A and VRC to complete. Affix photograph and sign appropriate places.
- Return completed forms to DVLA for processing
- A registration number is assigned and the number plate is issued to the owner.
- Obtain roadworthiness certificate in addition to your copies of registration documents.
Besides the requirements for registration, add an application letter stating
- Proposed Personalised Number
- Vehicle Chassis Number, and
- Current Registration Number