The Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA) is collaborating with GRA to ensure a smooth implementation of the Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) policy. Consequently, the Authority wishes to bring the following to the notice of the general public in order to facilitate service delivery.
1. The Tax Identification Number (TIN) is compulsory.
2. Customers are expected to provide their TIN before service will be rendered to them.
3. Customers who do not have the TIN number are entreated to, as quickly as possible, contact the closest GRA office and acquire the TIN first before going to DVLA to access service. GRA has, however, set up desks within the Accra 37, Tema, Weija and Koforidua offices to issue the TIN to customers who will transact business in those offices. Customers who do not have the TIN could make use of those offices instead of going to the GRA office.
4. Persons who wish to undertake services on behalf of others must be in a position to provide the TIN of the actual customer before being able to transact business on their behalf.
5. The TIN is issued free of charge. Customers must, therefore, report any person/officer who will demand payment before processing the TIN.DVLA: YOUR SAFETY, OUR CONCERN.